Crewe Railroaders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings and salutations from Ontario, Canada..

2 posters

Go down

Greetings and salutations from Ontario, Canada.. Empty Greetings and salutations from Ontario, Canada..

Post  Jay Langley Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 21:23

Have been enjoying your website and have several emails into Coach Delany ...My son is a well played OT ( Highschool team, Community Rep. Team, University level O Line skill development camps ect....) Anyway, we are looking at possibly making a "playing Holiday " at some point and would love to be able to meet up and see what British American Football is like......

It's Ironic, there seems to be more passion and love for the game in the UK amongst the players ( hell look at how many teams there are!)...impressive!....and the ages that are encompased is great......in comparison to the US and Canada...here it's almost all geared for the younger players, like 4 yrs old to maybe late 20's..very little in the way of mature adult rep teams, let alone a full league with numerous conferences / divisions........

Well done and hope to see some of you all on here anyway.....

in the Spirit of the Grid Iron,

Jay

Jay Langley

Back to top Go down

Greetings and salutations from Ontario, Canada.. Empty g8t to hear from you over the water.

Post  bobace80 Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 3:18

be g8t to see you. i1m bob #80 and 47 yrs old !! retired last week but was trng this week again!!! love it.
bobace80
bobace80

Back to top Go down

Greetings and salutations from Ontario, Canada.. Empty Re: Greetings and salutations from Ontario, Canada..

Post  Jay Langley Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 21:43

Thanks for the shout there Bob.......

Happy to see that there is still room left for those of us over 40.....( myself included)...ironically I had just asked in an email if there was an upper age limit for players...I've played many yrs of Football myself and would love nothing more than to get on the gear again and smash into and block up a defence line....Or alternately crash through an O-line ..although I played lots of nose guard and D Tackle in my younger years I may not have that left anymore....lol...

At 6' 3" and 300 lbs I can still make a pretty good O Guard ...maybe not quick enough for a tackle anymore..

Cheers guys and best of luck in your practices and up coming season......

with some luck in the future my son and I may get over to the UK for some football UK style!....

cheers for now,

Jay Laughing

Jay Langley

Back to top Go down

Greetings and salutations from Ontario, Canada.. Empty never too old!!

Post  bobace80 Sun 11 Dec 2011 - 22:21

good to hear back from you,sorry for delay in replying.the beauty of the game that anybody is able to play! i lost some of my speed but have been playing defensive end and been succesful because i am still fast even though too slow for wide receiver/running back!! the team has been accepted into the league and next year is going to be awesome!! cme on over and be part of it!! take care bob
bobace80
bobace80

Back to top Go down

Greetings and salutations from Ontario, Canada.. Empty Re: Greetings and salutations from Ontario, Canada..

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum